Worth shouting about?
People are always more motivated to complain but never so forthcoming to praise when their expectations are exceeded. This is why we are very proud for you to read these genuine testimonials received from our clients:
"If I sound overly positive it is simply because I found them so good"
I have a Grade ll listed Cotswold stone cottage that required an appreciable amount of repointing. There was also wet rot in the window frames that needed attention. Astley were recommended by Chipping Norton Glass who had done some work for me in the past. It was done at the beginning of April and to my complete satisfaction. The pointing was raked out by hand and then redone with a matching lime mortar mix. Steve sorted out the wet rot and repainted the windows as well. A surveyor who saw the cottage pre and post said in a subsequent note to me that 'I was impressed by all of the work you have carried out to the property' - which I took to be a ringing endorsement. I found the team were nice people to have around. They arrived when they were meant to, cracked on with the job, cleaned up well at the end of each day and were always pleasant and polite. I would have no hesitation at all in using Astley again. Likewise, I have no hesitation in recommending them. If I sound overly positive it is simply because I found them so good.
Mrs S Coleclough, Lyneham
"A new lease of life to my cellar"
A letter of thanks to Steve Koenig for doing such a great job on our cellar conversion. Your advice along the way and project management was spot on. Having someone who can deliver everything needed and for me not to have to worry about who to hire for the different elements was just great. From the ground work to the construction and then decorating you did it all and to such a high standard. Very grateful.
Mrs G Bottomly, Oxford
4-bedroom period house renovation
I worked with Steve in 2015, when Astley fully renovated a 4-bedroom period house for me. I was very pleased with the end result and would happily work with Astley again. Below I have given more details on the work they carried out and what it was like to work with them. If you would like to discuss further please ask Steve to put us in contact.
Scope of work
Astley fully renovated a 4-bed 18th / 19th century stone cottage for me. Astley were the main contractor and completely managed all work, except where I decided to use specialist subcontractors (e.g. for damp-proofing). The work included:
- Remodelling the first floor rooms to add an additional bathroom and raising the ceilings (including adding structural steelwork)
- Damp-proofing the ground floor entirely
- Installing new bathrooms, kitchen and floors
- Supporting the installation of a new log-burning stove and flue
- Landscaping the garden to include additional parking
- Full rewiring
- Plumbing and hot water system upgrade
- Refurbishing drainage (where needed)
My experience working with Astley
- The work quality was completed to a very high standard throughout. I inspected the work regularly and never had to ask Astley to redo anything because of quality concerns
- Astley maintained very good relationships with my neighbours. I did not receive any complaints about the work
- Steve kept me updated on the status of the work throughout. He was also very flexible about meeting me at times that suited me, including Friday evenings and Saturday mornings
- The site always appeared neat, tidy and safe whenever I visited
- Once the project was underway, Astley worked continuously on the project and completed the work in good time
- Once the project was complete Astley came back to site promptly to fix any minor snags which I found
Overall, Steve, who was my day-to-day point of contact, is very good natured and worked hard to maintain a good relationship with me. On the rare occasions when we did run into the challenges which arise on any construction project, Steve put in every effort to resolve them quickly and fairly so that we could keep the project on track and get to a great end result.
"At last, tradesmen I can rely on"
Thank you so much for the work you have completed on my home office build. Not only did you complete the job on time as I had hoped but you went out of your way to make sure it was all done properly. My wife was particularly impressed how you cleaned up each night and always came here when you said you would. I'll be sure to recommend your team to everyone I know.
Mr S Dolan, Banbury